Mountain Lakes Board of REALTORS©
MULTIPLE LISTING SERVICE COMMITTEE
STANDARD POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The Multiple Listing Service of the Mountain Lakes Board of REALTORS© shall be a committee function under the direction of the Board of Directors. The MLS Committee shall be responsible for ensuring that the Board’s Multiple Listing Service operates in compliance with the MLS policies of the National Association of Realtors, the by-laws of the Mountain Lakes Board of REALTORS©, and the Mountain Lakes Board of REALTORS© Multiple Listing Service Rules and Regulations.
The MLS Committee shall consist of five (5) members and all must be REALTORS who are “Participants” in the Multiple Listing Service. The Board President shall appoint the committee members, subject to confirmation of the Board of Directors. The committee shall select its Chairperson from among the members thereof, unless the Chairperson is designated by the Board President.
The Committee on Multiple Listing Service is designated by the Board of Directors to formulate policy recommendations concerning Multiple Listing, as follows:
1. To prepare and distribute material that will keep members of the MLS advised as to policy regarding Multiple Listings.
2. To advise members of current developments concerning Multiple Listing that is constructive and is recommended by the Committee for consideration by the Board of Directors.
3. To be alert to possible changes of policy and procedures that would improve Multiple Listing as a function of the Mountain Lakes Board of REALTORS©.
4. Any activities of the Committee that would require financing shall be submitted to the Board of Directors for approval.
5. The Committee oversees the Lockbox and Key service.